Monday, August 15, 2011

Display Part of Post with (Read more) Link

Welcome everyone. In this tutorial I will show you how you can display part of your post after you publish it, and let visitors have the choice to view the full version of your post by clicking on the (Read more) link.

Now I will leave you with the images that explains everything for accomplishing this goal.

First, let's create a new post.


Then, post editor will display, so we can start feeding the post with content.


In the following screenshot, note that I added the tag <!--more--> after the part of the post that I want to display, and before the part of the post that I want to hide. Blogger knows what you mean by this tag


Here's the result after publishing the post.


Here's the full post after clicking on the (Read more) link


By this, now you can publish your posts like the posts you see in other blogs. I hope you got benefited from this tutorial, and wait for me in some other tutorials about Blogger.

Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment